Do you want to make the most of the sport that is practiced with much enthusiasm around the world, often times pushed to the point of people getting injured because of the missing pieces in the running puzzle such as: ability to identify strain and fatigue, and knowledge of proper running techniques.
The Teach Me To Run (.pdf file) clinic taught by Dr. Wilbour Kelsick and Robert Esmie takes you on a journey of learning, from introduction to biomechanical and physiological principles in part I, to practical hands-on session on running skill, posture and technique in part II.
Special references are made to the fascia, the Cinderella tissue that is important to movement, its response to stress caused by running and proper stretches and exercises to improve your performance. For more details on the fascia, which was Dr. Kelsick wrote about in Fascia in Sport and Movement (Handspring Publishing 2014), please click here. Also, please stay tuned for the release of a Teach Me To Run DVD in early December. Details to follow.
The Teach Me to Run program is a practical hands on program which teaches you the technique of running based on art and science.
In our workshop we TEACH YOU:
- How to breathe during running
- How to run elastically which decreases injury and energy expenditure (running more economically)
- How to maintain proper arm, upper body, trunk and pelvis and lower extremity posture (i.e. ideal running form)
- How to travel in air between strides i.e. covering distance during every stride cycle
- How to decreasing foot contact time on the ground
- Ideal running posture for you
- How to train/condition your myofascia system (muscles & fascia) to gain the appropriate strength and endurance for running (i.e. functional fascia training for running)
- How to train your body to resist early onset fatigue in running
- How to recover from running training sessions
- How to nourish your body for running (i.e. having the proper nutrients to boost your bodies energy capacity for running and daily living)
The “Teach Me To Run” workshop will help you understand the fundamentals of running biomechanics, efficient running form and how you can prepare yourself or clients to have a successful running career and decrease incidence of injuries.
This workshop is appropriate for the relatively experienced, novice, or want-to-be runner who wants to improve their skill and efficiency in running. If you are a tri-athlete who wishes to decrease running time segment; a soccer or basketball player who wants to improve speed and explosive power; a coach or fitness trainer who wants to improve your athletes’ running skill, will benefit.
Here are a couple of great videos with more details:
Here are some sample videos of what you can expect during the Teach Me To Run Workshop: